You want to enjoy a summertime of fun in your backyard pool! So, here are a few tips for caring for your swimming pool pump motor to keep everything in good working order.
Variable speed pumps save you up to 90% in your energy costs! Ask us for a free demonstration. Plus, here are tips for caring for your pump motor.
Protect against HEAT:
- Shade the motor from the sun.
- Provide cross ventilation.
- Protect motor from lint or items that can plug ventilation holes.
Protect against DIRT:
- Keep motor and surrounding area clean.
- Avoid sweeping or stirring dust near the motor while running.
- Avoid storing or spilling dry chemicals, powders, etc. near the motor.
Protect against MOISTURE:
- Provide protection from rain and snow by erecting a roofed shelter with horizontally louvered sides over the motor with a minimum clearance of 10″ at all points.
- Do not wrap motor with plastic or other air-tight materials.
- Locate motor on a slight elevation so water won’t run or puddle nearby.
- Avoid spilling liquid chemicals.
- Avoid splashing water near the motor.
- Repair leaky pipe joints or pump seals promptly.
- Avoid locating motor in highest humidity area.
- Follow motor connection diagram and make sure the proper voltage is applied.
- See that your pump turns freely before starting motor.
- Make sure motor is properly grounded for lightning protection.
- Follow local codes and use manufacturer’s recommended wire size.
If you have questions about your pump motor, or would like service, please give us a call! We are here to help you solve your pool issues!
Image: Vita Vilcina